My family begs me to make sausage gravy with biscuits.
I use Mary B's frozen biscuits and make the gravy homemade. Enjoy!
1. Brown 1 pound of sausage in a cast iron skillet.
Use a wooden spoon to break into little pieces.
2. Using a slotted spoon, transfer the browned sausage to a plate.
3. Add ¼ cup butter to the pan (I like Kerry Gold Salted). If you have a ton of fat from the sausage, you may not need this much.
4. Stir in 3 Tablespoons of flour and cook for about 2 minutes.
5. Whisk in 2 cups of milk (preferably whole).
6. Stir until the gravy thickens but don't boil.
7. Add back the sausage along with salt and pepper to taste.
8. Serve with a hot biscuit.